Travel abroad with expired LPR and I-797 receipt for form I-751

My LPR card is expired and I timely filed the I-751 Removal of conditions. I would like to go to Mexico (through land) but I’m not sure if I can.

I have the receipt notice I-797 for the I-751 and it does state that my green card is automatically extended for 18 months past the expiration but not sure if that’s enough to come back. I also have a US drivers license, my birth certificate, and my previously stamped passport.

My Mexican passport is also expired since COVID has halted all renewal appointments in the US but I imagine I could renew it quickly while in Mexico.


submitted by /u/XingonaRely
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!