Traveling with Married Name on GC and Maiden Name on Home Country Passport

Ok this might be a doozy.

Got married, changed me name after the fact (ie didn’t change on the marriage certificate) through local court system. My GC has the new married name, but not a US citizen yet so still have my home country passport. My home country won’t recognize my married name because it was changed through US court. So as a compromise, the ID page on my passport still has maiden name but the next page is an endorsement that says “this person also goes by [married name]”

For traveling to Mexico, would it be enough to have my green card, my passport, and a certified copy of the name change court order? What should the name on my airline ticket be?

(Going to apply for citizenship ASAP so I can leave this name headache behind, btw)

submitted by /u/cherry_chocolate92
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!