Partner eligibility

I have been awarded a postdoctoral grant to start a project in the US in February. I got a supplementary grant to support my partner during the 1.5-year stay. I am Irish and he is Swiss. We are both researchers, together four years and unmarried (mostly due to being broke academics).

Having planned every detail of this for a year, I just found out that the J2 is only available to married spouses. (I figured since our funding body just required a signed document verifying our long-term relationship that this would be enough). Is there any other visa my partner could apply for as a (fully financially supported) unmarried dependent?

Many thanks

submitted by /u/Picassoslovechild
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!