Moving to the US

Not sure if this is the correct subreddit, if not please redirect me.

I was born in the US but I’ve never lived there past early childhood. My husband is Canadian (I am too) and we want to move to the US for work in a year or two. I have an American passport and a SIN number somewhere. Is there anything I need to do about my own status in the US before filing for a spousal green card ?

Someone told me US citizens should file taxes even if they live outside the US and haven’t had much of an income. I’m not sure what to even Google so if someone could help me out that’d be very appreciated !

submitted by /u/PrizeWork203
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!