How should I go about obtaining my American birth certificate and single status affidavit while now living abroad?

I just moved out of the U.S. to overseas, but now I'm required to obtain more recent copies of my birth certificate and single status affidavit in order for marriage.

How can I go about getting those when I no longer live in the U.S.? I was residing in Illinois before moving, could I just have a family member who is still there go in my place and ask for the forms? If not, is there any other way to do it without having to travel all the way back myself?

Can I order them online somehow and have then shipped to a relatives home?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/MarvelousMaladroit
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!