Help with correct tax forms when transferring own money to self

I've got my green card and I'm in the process of transferring my money from UK to USA.

Once I get a bank account set up in my name I can do this. However I've research that certain forms (Form 3520) might need filling for tax reasons with large sums of money being exchanged into US bank accounts. When I researched this it seemed to suggest this form is only needed if I send the money to someone else like my spouse. Nothing was mentioned about sending my own money to myself.

Can anyone clear this up for me, do I need to file certain forms even when transferring funds to and from myself?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/MagicalWhisk
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!