Skip to main content

As a candian citizen, best way to work in the states without having company go through hoops to sponsor me?

Edit: sorry, in title I meant "Canadian"*

Context: Software Eng. university student in Canada

I mean, as a canadian citizen, is it easy to get dual citizenship for the states, or something else, so I can freely apply to all US companies and be willing to relocate?

I have found even after applying to many internships in the US, a lot of companies just drop my application even after going through the stages due to them not wanting to sponsor a work visa or whatever so I can work there for 3 months.

I have found opportunities and pay way better in the states, compared to here. In the likes of FAANG companies, the opportunities for a student is far greater having the ability to work in the US without company help to sponsor. This applies specifically because i'm a student, and these companies want to hire students currently, not when they have graduated for example (well, yes, they're always hiring, but its far easier to get in as a student)

So my question is, is there a way as a student I can sort of get a visa or ability to work out there, by applying somewhere, during my Uni career, such that companies don't have to help? Such that i'm free to apply to all the jobs and not have a company backtrack my profile because they'd have to sponsor my work visa?

submitted by /u/internetcookiez
[link] [comments]


Popular posts from this blog

NVC Case FE Review note

Hi everyone, my family and I are under the F3 category and we just received a notice from NVC that our documents have been approved and that we are Documentarily Qualified. My only concern is this message that we received today in addition to the acceptance: ​ " [Name of petitioner] does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit . To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted." ​ We already have a petitioner and a household sponsor (the household sponsor's income is above the required level), but still unsure why we received this. Has anyone else received this message? All of our documents say "Approved" on NVC. Does this mean we have to find another sponsor? Can we show the consular officer our

What is the DS-160 form and how do I fill it out?

The DS-160 form is a vital document that every individual applying for a United States nonimmigrant visa must complete. Whether you're planning to visit the U.S. for tourism, business, or any other purpose, this form is a crucial step in the visa application process. Here, we will guide you on how to fill out the DS-160 form effectively to ensure a smooth visa application journey. Firstly, it's important to note that the DS-160 form is an online application, so you'll need a stable internet connection to access and fill it out. Begin by visiting the U.S. Department of State's official website and locating the DS-160 form. Once there, carefully read through the instructions and gather all the necessary information and documents before starting the form. As you navigate through the DS-160 form, you'll encounter multiple sections covering personal information, travel plans, family details, work history, and security-related questions. It is crucial to be honest and

E3 Visa (Australians)

Who qualifies for the E3 visa? The E-3 visa classification applies only to nationals of Australia as well as their spouses and children. E-3 principal applicants must be going to the United States solely to work in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children need not be Australian citizens. However the U.S. does not recognize De Facto relationships for the purposes of immigration, and to qualify as a spouse you will need a marriage certificate. Read more ...