Is this true about J-1 2-year home residency?

Q: Can I enter the U.S. on an F-1 visa and later change status to H-1B if I am still subject to the 2-year rule? A: You may be able to do it. USCIS generally takes the approach that if the previous J-1 holder is now in the U.S. in another status, then change of status to another nonimmigrant category (even H or L) is permitted. USCIS considers the regulation barring change of status to apply only to those who are currently holding J-1 status.

submitted by /u/dominick_th
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!