Can I stay in the United States well my i-539 is still pending? Currently here on F1 visa and trying to extend my stay as a tourist

I entered the US on F1 visa for English program. The program is over but I filed i-539 before I was required to leave. I'm now waiting on processing but it sounds like the processing times are sometimes as long as a year right now. Am I allowed to stay in the United States past the date for my student visa so long as I am waiting on my i-539 processing?

submitted by /u/LA021993
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!