US religious visa question

Hi all,

I may have an opportunity to work for a church within the US, I am a UK citizen living in England. I have been a member of the same denomination for over 2 years and have been a trustee of the charity for 2 years, I have been an unpaid leader for over 2 years also.

The below is from the US immigration website:

"Have been continuously carrying out the religious vocation or occupation that you intend to carry out in the United States"

My question is given the requirement states vocation or occupation would I qualify if everything I have been doing to date is voluntary? Or do I need to have been a paid employee?

Thanks all

submitted by /u/MerlinP8
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!