Skip to main content

Green Card help

Hello! I'm looking for some help with the immigration process. It is so unbelievably confusing! Any help at all would be amazing! Here is a little bit of information, shortened as much as possible. I'm an US citizen, my husband is not. We have been married for 4 years. He came to the US on a F-1 Student Visa about 7 years ago but he dropped out of school about 2 years ago. So he did enter lawfully but I'm assuming he is now considered undocumented. I believe I'm supposed to send forms 485 adjustment of status and the 130 petition for alien relative? I also want to send the work authorization and travel permission. Can I send all 4 of these forms, 130, 485, 765 (work authorization) and 131 (permission to travel) together??? Am I missing any forms? Also the work authorization form asks for your eligibility category. It gives you options to choose from but it doesn’t sound like any of them would work. So I have no idea what category to put. I hope I explained things clearly. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! Any information at all helps tremendously!

submitted by /u/Jay_Kay01
[link] [comments]


Popular posts from this blog

NVC Case FE Review note

Hi everyone, my family and I are under the F3 category and we just received a notice from NVC that our documents have been approved and that we are Documentarily Qualified. My only concern is this message that we received today in addition to the acceptance: ​ " [Name of petitioner] does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit . To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted." ​ We already have a petitioner and a household sponsor (the household sponsor's income is above the required level), but still unsure why we received this. Has anyone else received this message? All of our documents say "Approved" on NVC. Does this mean we have to find another sponsor? Can we show the consular officer our

What is the DS-160 form and how do I fill it out?

The DS-160 form is a vital document that every individual applying for a United States nonimmigrant visa must complete. Whether you're planning to visit the U.S. for tourism, business, or any other purpose, this form is a crucial step in the visa application process. Here, we will guide you on how to fill out the DS-160 form effectively to ensure a smooth visa application journey. Firstly, it's important to note that the DS-160 form is an online application, so you'll need a stable internet connection to access and fill it out. Begin by visiting the U.S. Department of State's official website and locating the DS-160 form. Once there, carefully read through the instructions and gather all the necessary information and documents before starting the form. As you navigate through the DS-160 form, you'll encounter multiple sections covering personal information, travel plans, family details, work history, and security-related questions. It is crucial to be honest and

E3 Visa (Australians)

Who qualifies for the E3 visa? The E-3 visa classification applies only to nationals of Australia as well as their spouses and children. E-3 principal applicants must be going to the United States solely to work in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children need not be Australian citizens. However the U.S. does not recognize De Facto relationships for the purposes of immigration, and to qualify as a spouse you will need a marriage certificate. Read more ...