Skip to main content

University Graduate in Canada Wanting to Move to the States

hello, i am in a tough position and need any possible advice.

I am from Libya, I moved to Canada with a student visa, I graduated got a work permit, and started working. I need to move to the states to be with my girlfriend. I have been applying for jobs in the states but got nothing but rejections so far. My current company doesn't have an office in the states so they can't do anything. My girlfriend is having a serious surgery and couldn't do it in Canada, I have applied for a visitor visa around a year ago and it hasn't even been reviewed, they simply took my application, took 200 bucks and never got back to me. is there anything I could do to get to the states?

what is the fastest way? could I apply for grad school in the states? applying for jobs in the states seems pointless but is it worth it at all? is there a point? getting married is an option but it's too special of an occasion to be used as a tool to get in the states so I want to avoid that if possible.

any information would be greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/otakiyaki
[link] [comments]


Popular posts from this blog

NVC Case FE Review note

Hi everyone, my family and I are under the F3 category and we just received a notice from NVC that our documents have been approved and that we are Documentarily Qualified. My only concern is this message that we received today in addition to the acceptance: ​ " [Name of petitioner] does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit . To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted." ​ We already have a petitioner and a household sponsor (the household sponsor's income is above the required level), but still unsure why we received this. Has anyone else received this message? All of our documents say "Approved" on NVC. Does this mean we have to find another sponsor? Can we show the consular officer our

What is the DS-160 form and how do I fill it out?

The DS-160 form is a vital document that every individual applying for a United States nonimmigrant visa must complete. Whether you're planning to visit the U.S. for tourism, business, or any other purpose, this form is a crucial step in the visa application process. Here, we will guide you on how to fill out the DS-160 form effectively to ensure a smooth visa application journey. Firstly, it's important to note that the DS-160 form is an online application, so you'll need a stable internet connection to access and fill it out. Begin by visiting the U.S. Department of State's official website and locating the DS-160 form. Once there, carefully read through the instructions and gather all the necessary information and documents before starting the form. As you navigate through the DS-160 form, you'll encounter multiple sections covering personal information, travel plans, family details, work history, and security-related questions. It is crucial to be honest and

E3 Visa (Australians)

Who qualifies for the E3 visa? The E-3 visa classification applies only to nationals of Australia as well as their spouses and children. E-3 principal applicants must be going to the United States solely to work in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children need not be Australian citizens. However the U.S. does not recognize De Facto relationships for the purposes of immigration, and to qualify as a spouse you will need a marriage certificate. Read more ...