Student working outside the US

Hi! I am on mobile so sorry for the formatting.

I recently graduated from a US university with a bachelor's degree, however I completed the last three semesters from my home country due to COVID. This summer I would like to do some research work and get paid for it, however since I am not in the US I cannot apply for an OPT. The company I want to work for last year showed my summer work to be non-US income, since that was also done entirely online from my home country (although I was on a CPT at that point). My question is, is it legal for me to get paid for my research work over this summer without an OPT as long as it's non-US income since it will be done entirely from my home country?

Thank you for reading and responding, I greatly appreciate this!

submitted by /u/radstronomy
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!