Last name spelling change question

My husband has a provisional green card we're about to go through the I-751 process. His last name is misspelled due to a spelling error made by his father in his native country (when he was young). We want to change the spelling to reflect the correct phonetic spelling. When would be the best time to do so? Would he have the option to change it if/when citizenship is granted?

Also, we're having a baby next month and we want her last name to be spelled correctly. Would it be a problem if baby's last name is different from ours?

submitted by /u/hirumon
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!