CAD stating in US for longer than 182 days

I’m a Canadian citizen who has been staying in the US during COVID. I’m nearing my 182 days am hoping to get that extended slightly given the state that Toronto is in. Even if I go back with a few days buffer, I’m hoping to come back to the US again in a few months for a family event. I’m only looking to stay (or have the flexibility to stay) for an additional 2-3 weeks. Of course I want to do this legally and have gotten conflicting information. Will filling an I-539 form allow me to stay longer than 182 days? What happens if the application process is still in progress before I have to returning early June.

submitted by /u/underthesun3
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!