Refugee problems.

Name change. My mother who immigrated to India as a refugee, my father is a Indian born Tibetan. I am Indian born Tibetan who immigrated to USA with my husband. I am currently a green card holder and in process of getting my citizenship. My mother currently lives by herself in India and is a in her 50’s. My problem is when she immigrated to India she used a different name, and when she got married used a different name. So her married name is on the birth certificate, and her refugee passport has a different name. The Indian government doesn’t issue citizenship for refugees. Will I have problems when filing for my mother to arrive in the USA if she has two different names. Or is this we can explain to USA immigration officers.

submitted by /u/tenzingla
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!