Can I sponsor a work visa for my former au pair to return as a nanny?

We had a lovely experience with a person from South Africa being our au pair. Her time with the program is up and she returned home in good standing.

Our child has a significant, permanent disability. It is very hard to find care for him, especially as he gets older and his abilities diverge from his peers

My understanding is that it's basically impossible to have a former au pair return under a different visa, but I was wondering if we might be able to sponsor her as an employer by making the case that she is uniquely qualified to care for my special needs child and that we are unable to find Americans to do the work.

I would love any thoughts or ideas about how to document/what would be sufficient to create a case.

submitted by /u/Comfortable_Pie_8569
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!