International Child Support - Which Jurisdiction Applies?

I live in Illinois, my ex-boyfriend lives in Spain - but is not registered there. He doesnt work. He has some minor assets like stocks in Germany. In know that all countries involved take part in the OECD child support treaty. Can I force my ex to pay child support following US (or Illinois) legal standards when he does not live here? Or which regulations apply to him? Spanish? German (he is German Citizen)? What happens if he moves to Vietnam (does not take part in the OECD treaty)? Thank you so much. This topic is so painful.

submitted by /u/jonjonocean
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!