Do I need to tell the US gov that I'm leaving to go home to the UK?

Hi everyone,

Was hoping for some help here as I can't seem to find anything to help me on the gov website.

I live in the US at the moment but I am British. Been here for a few years on an E-1 visa.

I'm now returning home to the UK next month and I'm trying to find out whether I need to do anything to inform the US government that I'm leaving... or whether I just jump on the plane and say bye!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Myaz
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!