Adding immigrant husband to bank accounts/credit cards without SSN?

My husband came over on a K1 visa and we recently got married and filed for our Adjustment of Status (I-485). I was able to add him to my lease agreement but I have been unable to add him to my credit cards or checking accounts at the bank without an SSN. I know that this is an important step since it shows our finances co-mingled.

Does anyone have any advice on this? I have been reading that some banks don't require SSN and others you can get around by showing something called an Form W-8 BEN, just trying to see what my options are since the customer service agents I talk to aren't any help. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/lostinadminprocess
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!