Student Visa after overstaying visa in the United States

Hello. I'm quite embarassed to be here writing this, but I am a little desperate.

My family moved to America when I was quite young and have lived there for 14 years. I have overstayed my visa by maybe 5-8 years. But 3 months after my 18th birthday I decided to move back to my home country.

Now I live in Japan and will be graduating university in the next two years. I really want to apply to universities in America for graduate school to obtain my masters, but I would like to know how large of an impact my overstay of my visa will be.

I will live with the resentment of overstaying my visa my whole life. I wish I had a choice in leaving earlier but I was just a child. But I would really like to apply to graduate school in the States but I feel like it would be a waste of money and time if I was not allowed to enter once accepted. Has anyone been in my situation and can tell me how it went?

submitted by /u/throwaway392233
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!