Possible to get GC for spouse while one works overseas?

Haven’t had any luck getting this answered from us travel docs or uscis on their websites or phone.

I (the US citizen) understand the usual gc process for a spouse is get an immigrant visa, then reside in the US for some time. But I contract for the US govt overseas, and like the job and area well enough for the time being. Is it possible for her to obtain a green card or even citizenship while our residence is in a foreign country?

Not sure if this matters - We don’t live on a US base... (not technically US soil but US leased land, I believe) ... but I often work at them, and we both have access to them. fwiw.

submitted by /u/Count_Nothing
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/immigration/comments/nriy7h/possible_to_get_gc_for_spouse_while_one_works/

Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!