Visa status stuck on "NIV Application Received" since after interview. Some applicants had interviews later than me had gotten visa issued.
I had my interview on 10th Nov, CEAC status changed from NIV Application Received on 10th Nov and nothing has changed since the interview. I read that once your case change to NIV means the visa will be issued soon. How true is this?
Also, some of the Malaysia K1 visa applicants who had interviews at the same embassy as me have already gotten their visa issued ahead of me.
- some applicant who had the same interview date with me, the same visa category has already gotten their visa issued 10 days after the interview.
- some applicant who had an interview date later than me has already gotten their visa issued 3 days after the interview.
My questions are:
- What are the possible holds ups?
- Is it normal for NIV application received to be stuck for so long?
- Could my visa be rejected at this point?
- I have read that the embassy with check more thoroughly if you have travelled to a lot of countries, how true is this?
I have not gotten any letter/ email that the embassy needs extra documents from me. However, in my medical report, the doctor did indicate I had experimented with marijuana before, but I'm no class and during the interview, the CO did not ask anything related at all about my medical report.
Hoping my visa will be issued soon. :(