USA Citizen abroad - lost passport

My friend is an elderly USA citizen living abroad. She has lost her passport. Embassy instructions say she needs to attend in person to apply for a new passport.

She is incapacitated and lives a 6 hour drive from the embassy. The Embass staff have not been helpful.

Is there any way for her to legally appoint someone to attend on her behalf? Or is there any "hunanitarian" process she could use to get a bypass on the need to attend. Even banks allow you to setup accounts remotely by video call these days.

submitted by /u/rye_212
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!