Name change advice - British and getting married in US to American.

Hi all, looking for advice for how people go about changing their name in two countries when they get married. I am British but live in USA on H1-b and about to get married to an American and we will live here permanently - I’ll do green card process next year sometime. Which order did you change your name in? Did you wait to do it until the green card application? When did you change it in your home country/on your passport and what did you need? I’m also wanting to change my middle name (keep my maiden name as my new middle) so that might make it more complicated. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/shradams
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!