Moving: Changing address on USCIS and not updating address in the License Department?

I'm moving to a new state soon. I applied for my citizenship 3 months ago and I'm still waiting for an interview date. I know that by law as a permanent resident I need to report my new address to USCIS within 10 days, so my question is:

Can I report my new address to USCIS and not report it to my new state this way I don't have to get a new driver's license and new plates for my car? I don't have the money right now to pay for all this. And I still have an address in my previous state.

Please any advice is welcome.

submitted by /u/AanaG08
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!