How can I bring my wife to the US for just a year while I complete a master's program?

I'm an American citizen married to a Spanish citizen and we live in Spain. I'm considering moving to the US in January to complete a year-long master's program, after which I/we would leave the country again, either back to Spain or elsewhere.

Considering the costs of a green card, and the fact that the process takes nearly a year anyway, it doesn't make much sense. Is there no other way to bring my wife into the country for a year, though? Besides the legality of her physically being in the US, she would need to be eligible for health insurance, etc.

submitted by /u/certainbluelobster
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!