Got myself into a weird situation and would appreciate some advice. Texas, USA

So, due to being lazy/broke, my permanent resident card has been expired for a year and I have not renewed.

I got a new job recently and the green card caused zero issues. I was offered a promotion doing some driving that would require a CDL. I checked the Texas DMV website and it mentions needing an unexpired resident card. My license appointment is in 2 months.

Does anyone know if need to actually present the card, or do I just need my alien/ card number like when I was hired at work?

I could probably borrow all the fees from my parents. I'm mostly worried I won't get my actual card for who knows how long due to COVID. Will the form showing that I renewed be enough?

I'm dumb, I know, but I'd appreciate any input. I could really use this driving job.

submitted by /u/MomsSpaghetti00
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!