Change of status after marriage

Hello , So I’m marrying my gf who is here in America on a valid J1 visa. I’m marrying her before her visa expires. But her visa expires very soon after . Is there a time frame that we must file the forms I-130 and I-485? My question basically is asking do we have to file the forms before the vis expires even if she is already married ? Does being married give us long time frame to get the documents all together with accuracy? Or do we still have to file the permanent residency forms before the visa expires even though she is married .

submitted by /u/Drewbagswag
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!