Can my foreign spouse be enrolled on my (US citizen) Medi-cal health insurance? Or is that considered being a “public charge”?

My husband and I (US citizen) are getting ready to send in his AOS paperwork this month with the help of a lawyer. I can ask our lawyer, but I wasn’t sure if he would be knowledgeable about health insurance rules. We are in California and I currently have medi-cal insurance. My husband obviously needs health insurance for multiple reasons. 1. Is health insurance a requirement for his AOS application? and 2. Would enrolling in Medi-cal make him a public charge? Should he look for other affordable insurance options instead? Thanks for any advice.

submitted by /u/jscorp2910
[link] [comments]


Do you need an Hotel? Find the best rates!