Skip to main content

H1B for STEM MBA degree holder from US uni - 80% odds of clearing in 3 tries. Makes sense?

I'm applying to top MBA courses in USA. These are STEM certified, so I will get STEM OPT of 3 years and 3 shots at H1B.

Rough numbers - as per latest applications, 200,000 people apply for 85000 slots. Roughly a 40% chance.

Probability of not winning the lottery once - 0.6.

Probability of not winning in three times in a row = 0.6 * 0.6 * 0.6 = 0.216

Aka 20% chance of not winning the lottery in 3 tries. 80% chance of winning the lottery in three tries.

This ignores the below three points, each of which would only better my odds:

  • the fact that masters students get 2 shots in each lottery. This would put my chance of clearing lottery at 68% in one try and 96% in three tries.

  • 4 attempts at H1B if you get the job early enough

  • the new system being implemented

So as I see it, you have at least a 80% chance of winning the lottery within 3 years of STEM OPT. More realistically a 96% chance. Make sense?

submitted by /u/ueydusjjwqkaakka
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/immigration/comments/msp7op/h1b_for_stem_mba_degree_holder_from_us_uni_80/

Popular posts from this blog

What is the DS-160 form and how do I fill it out?

The DS-160 form is a vital document that every individual applying for a United States nonimmigrant visa must complete. Whether you're planning to visit the U.S. for tourism, business, or any other purpose, this form is a crucial step in the visa application process. Here, we will guide you on how to fill out the DS-160 form effectively to ensure a smooth visa application journey. Firstly, it's important to note that the DS-160 form is an online application, so you'll need a stable internet connection to access and fill it out. Begin by visiting the U.S. Department of State's official website and locating the DS-160 form. Once there, carefully read through the instructions and gather all the necessary information and documents before starting the form. As you navigate through the DS-160 form, you'll encounter multiple sections covering personal information, travel plans, family details, work history, and security-related questions. It is crucial to be honest and

Tips for Increasing Your Chances in the Green Card Lottery

Are you dreaming of relocating to the land of opportunities? The Green Card Lottery DV (Diversity Visa) could be your ticket to making that dream a reality. Each year, thousands of individuals from eligible countries participate in this lottery, hoping to secure permanent residency in the United States. While the lottery is a game of chance, there are a few tips that can boost your chances of success. In this article, we will explore some effective strategies to increase your likelihood of winning the Green Card Lottery DV. 1. Submitting Early: Don't wait until the last minute to submit your application. The Green Card Lottery DV has a limited number of slots available, and once they are filled, no more applications will be accepted. By submitting your application early, you ensure that you have a higher chance of being considered. 2. Review the Eligibility Criteria: Before applying, carefully review the eligibility requirements for the Green Card Lottery DV. Ensure that you

What is the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and who is eligible?

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is a valuable opportunity for travelers to visit the United States without the need for a traditional visa. Designed to promote tourism and foster international relationships, the VWP allows citizens from specific countries to enter the US for up to 90 days for business or tourism purposes. This program not only facilitates seamless travel but also saves time and money for eligible individuals. To be eligible for the VWP, one must meet certain criteria. Firstly, the traveler must be a citizen of a participating country, which currently includes 39 nations primarily from Europe and Asia. Additionally, individuals must possess a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval, obtained online prior to departure. This simple process involves providing personal information and responding to a series of security-related questions. The VWP offers numerous advantages that make it a preferred option for eligible travelers. The most significant b