Skip to main content

Can I legally immigrate to the US? Which is the best path?

I am a 25f marketing graduate from the Philippines. I worked in Marketing in 2016 and since 2017 I have been working for an injury firm remotely in LA through a Call Center in the Philippines. My bosses in LA are willing to sponsor my work visa to the US and eventually my green card. I also have 10 years B1/B2 visa. My bosses own a medium-sized law firm and have no sponsor experience. What's the best route I should take? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Here are my research (not much info)

Go there on a B2 visa, convert to H1B, and eventually work on getting a green card and citizenship. My bosses will be the one filing for H1B with USCIS. Is this viable? I am getting mixed information about conversion of B1/B2 to H1B. Can I come to the US with a B1/B2 and have it converted?

I have also found L1B. My bosses have invested in a Call Center company but have different company names. Is this possible? Do they need to be declared as part-owners of my company to do so? If I'm able to prove they've been using my services for work, will this be enough to get a L1B sponsorship?

submitted by /u/qweerrttyuiop
[link] [comments]


Popular posts from this blog

NVC Case FE Review note

Hi everyone, my family and I are under the F3 category and we just received a notice from NVC that our documents have been approved and that we are Documentarily Qualified. My only concern is this message that we received today in addition to the acceptance: ​ " [Name of petitioner] does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit . To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted." ​ We already have a petitioner and a household sponsor (the household sponsor's income is above the required level), but still unsure why we received this. Has anyone else received this message? All of our documents say "Approved" on NVC. Does this mean we have to find another sponsor? Can we show the consular officer our

What is the DS-160 form and how do I fill it out?

The DS-160 form is a vital document that every individual applying for a United States nonimmigrant visa must complete. Whether you're planning to visit the U.S. for tourism, business, or any other purpose, this form is a crucial step in the visa application process. Here, we will guide you on how to fill out the DS-160 form effectively to ensure a smooth visa application journey. Firstly, it's important to note that the DS-160 form is an online application, so you'll need a stable internet connection to access and fill it out. Begin by visiting the U.S. Department of State's official website and locating the DS-160 form. Once there, carefully read through the instructions and gather all the necessary information and documents before starting the form. As you navigate through the DS-160 form, you'll encounter multiple sections covering personal information, travel plans, family details, work history, and security-related questions. It is crucial to be honest and

E3 Visa (Australians)

Who qualifies for the E3 visa? The E-3 visa classification applies only to nationals of Australia as well as their spouses and children. E-3 principal applicants must be going to the United States solely to work in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children need not be Australian citizens. However the U.S. does not recognize De Facto relationships for the purposes of immigration, and to qualify as a spouse you will need a marriage certificate. Read more ...