Skip to main content

AU Travel Exemption question;

My husband is Australian and I American, we got married last year. Our plan never was to live here, we are currently in Perth. I came over so that he could finish an Apprenticeship in Boilermaking which he is now intending on closing out of due to personal reasons.

We have an apartment together as well. What we really need to find out from someone is; Does he have a chance at being accepted for a travel exemption to leave with me since he does not intend on returning? I read how they are doing some exemptions for those who plan to be out longer than 3 months for a compelling reason. We need to know if this will be good enough for them or have an idea. We are not having an easy time here as Perth's cost of living is outrageous for us, we are a young couple just starting out.

He would be closing out his Apprenticeship and we'd not be resigning the lease here in September, as well as selling the car but we ONLY want to make these drastic moves if we can have any insight on the chance of him coming back with me. He's also my sole financial provider if that aids anything in this situation. I do have a place to live back over in the States but I've been here for a year and a half now and it was his choice to be my provider. We'd have all the evidence to show that we do not wish to live here, including a one-way ticket.

submitted by /u/BrattyLass
[link] [comments]


Popular posts from this blog

NVC Case FE Review note

Hi everyone, my family and I are under the F3 category and we just received a notice from NVC that our documents have been approved and that we are Documentarily Qualified. My only concern is this message that we received today in addition to the acceptance: ​ " [Name of petitioner] does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit . To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted." ​ We already have a petitioner and a household sponsor (the household sponsor's income is above the required level), but still unsure why we received this. Has anyone else received this message? All of our documents say "Approved" on NVC. Does this mean we have to find another sponsor? Can we show the consular officer our

What is the DS-160 form and how do I fill it out?

The DS-160 form is a vital document that every individual applying for a United States nonimmigrant visa must complete. Whether you're planning to visit the U.S. for tourism, business, or any other purpose, this form is a crucial step in the visa application process. Here, we will guide you on how to fill out the DS-160 form effectively to ensure a smooth visa application journey. Firstly, it's important to note that the DS-160 form is an online application, so you'll need a stable internet connection to access and fill it out. Begin by visiting the U.S. Department of State's official website and locating the DS-160 form. Once there, carefully read through the instructions and gather all the necessary information and documents before starting the form. As you navigate through the DS-160 form, you'll encounter multiple sections covering personal information, travel plans, family details, work history, and security-related questions. It is crucial to be honest and

E3 Visa (Australians)

Who qualifies for the E3 visa? The E-3 visa classification applies only to nationals of Australia as well as their spouses and children. E-3 principal applicants must be going to the United States solely to work in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children need not be Australian citizens. However the U.S. does not recognize De Facto relationships for the purposes of immigration, and to qualify as a spouse you will need a marriage certificate. Read more ...