I am not sure if this is an immigration-lawyer kind of question, but I don’t know who else I can ask help for.
My dog is a rescue, mixed breed two years old I adopted in October 2018 in Brazil. I am a Brazilian and I am about to file my AoS. My dog arrived in the JFK airport on May 28th on a flight with layover in Colombia. After a while of waiting at customs, they told me she was denied entry into the country. It took several hours until the CDC came up with the reason of the denial: they said it was insufficient proof and/or information believed to be false concerning her rabies vaccine. I filed my own appeal on Sunday with a vet certificate, current as of May 2020, in English and with all the information required for the CDC. But they denied her entry again because somewhere in their website they say that all the proof should be presented upon arrival — but then why would they let me appeal? As of now my dog is still detained at The ARK and her flight back to Colombia is supposed to be on June 11. It seems that there’s a huge confusion because they are enforcing more rules as a lot of people are bringing dogs to the US for profit, but that obviously is not my case. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks